Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The first year

When a family member has a terminal illness the only thing to do is rally up and give whatever support you can. My family was so blessed to received support from many. They brought my parents food, helped with transportation to/from hospitals which most were at least a 3 hours drive and many many many prayers.

My first year was spent attempting to get my CF under control. Which meant getting me on enzymes to help digest food to help ease the affects of malnutrition as well as many other medications. I slowly gained weight, but was still very small. I had an attitude/spirit that was much bigger than my frail little body. My mom says she knew that would be what carried me thru the hard times to come. 

In June of 1983 my family celebrated two events my first birth day and my brother came into the world the next day. The celebration was a bit over shadowed with fear, does he have CF? The doctors took no changes and immediately tested him and like so many times to come God showed his grace on my family. He does NOT have CF. 

Nana says, she was on her way to the hospital to watch me and when she walked in the room there was my mom holding my baby brother while I was jumping on the bed! 

She said she just laughs at the memory of that :)


~Doodlin' 

No comments:

Post a Comment