Friday, July 17, 2009

Ceasing the Moments...

I think that when one is dealing with a chronic illness their reality is much more apparent. Many others have this ability but for sure those dealing with illnesses that have no cure. You begin to see every moment as a moment to treasure. So many times I have watched my husband and literally tried to etch the memory in my brain in hopes to remember that moment forever. I also cease the moment and tell those I love just how I feel. I often feel like if I don't act promptly, tomorrow will never come, my opportunity will have passed never to be given back to me. 

The hardest thing about ceasing the moment is that when two people don't agree or see eye to eye on topics they hold that conflict close to their hearts causing them to have reservations about the person. I have experienced this with family, friends, and acquaintances. I will never agree with everyone's ideals, thoughts, opinions, or passions but that is what makes us all individuals. My goal is to debate for two reasons; 1) push my own boundaries in hopes to have a more accurate pictures of both sides of the coin 2) to learn more in hopes to be as educated as I can possibly be. 

When sitting alone it's these moments we think about. We remember a smile, what made someone cry, a passionate speech, a moment of humility, as these are the moments of our lives. 


~Doodlin'

No comments:

Post a Comment