Thursday, March 29, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Today, I see so much to be thankful. So much so that its hard to pin point just one thing to focus on. However, today its not about me or the blessings in my life but about two children many borders away.

My dear friend and her husband will finally be able pour their love onto these children and let them know they are not alone, they have a mama and daddy who are desparate for them. These children will begin the journey of understanding what its like to have a family, to feel the love that comes from a family, to know that God has a plan for them and to have the opportunity to have life outside of institiutionalization.

Their story can be read at Treasures Over the Rainbow.

I am thankful that God hears our prayers. I am thankful that I have been a small part of their journey, for it has changed me, these children and countless others just like them have changed me into a better human. I can't wait to see how these children blossom under the unconditional love of a family.

~Doodlin'

1 comment:

  1. Sweet Kari Rose,
    Up to this point I've mostly laughed hysterically since getting a court date. I did cry while laughing but you just got me to be a blubbering mess. I love you friend. I've said it before and I will say it a million times more you are a "Good Gift" to me my friend. Thank you for being the link to my babies. I am so thankful you picked up that phone so many, many months ago:) I can't wait for you to get to hold our children and for them to know you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete