Thursday, March 15, 2012

Thankful Thursday

I am not gonna lie. Today my blinders are on, making it difficult to see the blessings. Its super easy to get catch up in the flow of complaining and feeling sorry for oneself instead of looking outside the box to recognize what is good and wonderful about/in our lives.

Today on this Thursday my box seems too large see the outside edges but this is exactly why I copied the idea of taking one day to stop in my tracks and be thankful. My goal is to attempt to change the direction of my thoughts, which takes energy and focus, but once the wheel is spinning in a positive direction it will take more to reverse the cycle thus allowing all the negativity to fall off with little effort.

I am thankful for the rain. Most PacNW folk will think I am crazy but hear me out. We get a lot of rain. Sometimes so much rain that is causes backyard flooding and the inconvenience of getting drenched just walking 150 ft to the car. However, one of the main reasons most people LOVE this part of the country is because of its lush green vegetation, rivers to fish and mountains to ski. Without all this rain, what we love about the PacNW would not be.

So, today, as my backyard is floods and my hair is impossibly frizzy. I am thankful for the rain.

~Doodlin'

No comments:

Post a Comment