Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I'm Back... I Think

Took an unofficial hiatus for a few weeks. Every time I sat down to compose a post the words would elude me, not sure why, so I took it as a sign to step away for a bit.

I honestly don't have a theme or topic for this post, which is typically the only way I write. I develop a draft in my head that is generally very specific at addressing a topic or theme. Maybe I need to step out of that comfort zone and just let the words do as they will. Who knows!?

Today was CF Clinic, thus I spent the better part of a day under the same roof as all my wonderful doctors and nurses. No matter what the outcome of CF Clinic, I am always overjoyed to walk outside and take a deep breath of fresh air. Today's outcome was good. Not great but good.

My weight is stable at around 124 lbs, O2 was 98% on room air, and my PFT's were average. There were no changes made to any of my medications or regimens. Thank goodness! Rather uneventful to be honest.

In reviewing my stats, I came across some that were REALLY awesome ones from back in April 2011. For the life of me I can't remember what I was doing that caused them to be so good. The one thing I do know is that April was around the time I began running, really running.

I have been needing something to kick my behind back into gear. Well, I got it. I need to start training and pushing these raggedy ole lungs. Tomorrow B and I begin our 5K training program to run the Race for the Rose's on April 1st.

Feels good to have a goal again!

~Doodlin'

No comments:

Post a Comment