Thursday, May 26, 2011

Wrapping it up

As we begin closing the books on May 2011, I want to conclude CF Awareness Month by saying this....

CF is horrible, not matter what side of the coin we look at.
CF has taken many things away from me and others with CF.
CF is painful; emotionally and physically.

... BUT...

CF has taught me many lessons for which I am SO grateful for.
CF has made me compassionate.
CF has made me fiercely independent.
CF has made me wise beyond my years.
CF has made me see what a blessing every breath we ALL take is.
CF has allowed me to be vulnerable.
CF has shown me love beyond measures.

... AND...

We might find a cure in my lifetime, but either way I have GOD on my side trumping EVERYTHING.
My life is fantastic because I have chosen mind over body; not every moment, but a good chunk of it.
We all will die, no pill or cure or potion or lotion will change this.

... THEREFORE...

I promise to be passionate about life until I take my last breath.
I promise to attempt to make the world better while I am here or at least make a difference.
I promise to never loose hope in life and justice for our out of control world.

Thank you for taking the time to read this months posts about Cystic Fibrosis. Knowledge is power!

Life is rich and messy. I hope I have enriched it.

~Doodlin'

2 comments:

  1. Great post and so many great thoughts for all of us to take through our days with us!!
    xokrista

    ReplyDelete