Friday, March 11, 2011

A Change

Many people, myself included, go thru life mundanely. We go thru our daily routines at such high speeds that our memories start to become a blur or a smear in our mind. This pace which we know is not sustainable yet we don't know how to slow it down causing frustration.


For me frustration is something I know quite well and to be honest I tend to fall apart under extreme frustration. However, the older I get the more I understand what triggers my frustration; a place of being and/or feeling  helpless. I can't even begin to explain just how much being helpless impacts me. It causes insomnia, emotional breakdowns, depression, exhaustion, acne breakouts and lack of motivation. Now, to be clear, I don't experience these symptoms when I am mildly frustrated, but REALLY REALLY frustrated. The type of frustration where you feel as though you have tried every trick in the bag, every suggestion by others and really just about anything and everything.


Over the past year or so I have experienced this extreme frustration and over the year I had not been able to find relief. I tried talking about it with those who I felt had power to help and I tried changing my view of the situation in hopes to also change my attitude all to no avail. It was just after the first of the new year that it dawned on me, the problem was me! How was that I had not even considered that?! I was the one frustrated. I was the one who needed to change. So change is exactly what I did and have been doing for the past few months.


I have changed my course by evaluating what I want, what I am good at, and what I feel my purpose is. My new path is to pursue a public speaking venture that focuses on patient advocacy. 


~Doodlin'

No comments:

Post a Comment